DELIVEROO TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
If you have any questions relating to these terms and conditions please contact email@example.com before you place an order. If you do not accept these terms and conditions in full please do not use our Service.
1. INFORMATION ABOUT US
deliveroo.co.uk is a website operated by Roofoods Limited ("we" or "us" or "Deliveroo"), incorporated and registered in the England and Wales, whose registered office is at 1 Cousin Lane, London, EC4R 3TE, United Kingdom. Our Company registration number is 08167130. Our VAT number is 150 0190 65. Deliveroo is a business where the food is prepared by independent restaurants (our "Partner Restaurants") and delivered by us.
The purpose of our Service is to provide a simple and convenient service to you, linking you to the Partner Restaurant and menu of their choice and allowing you to order Meals from them. Deliveroo markets Meals on behalf of our Partner Restaurants, concludes orders on their behalf and delivers the Meals to you.
3. SERVICE AVAILABILITY
Deliveroo offers an ordering and delivery service from our Partner Restaurants throughout London and elsewhere in the UK. Each Partner Restaurant has a prescribed delivery area. This is to ensure that their Meals reach your door when they are at their best. If you live outside the delivery areas, a message will appear on screen notifying you that ordering online will not be possible. We do not accept orders from individuals to a post code in which we do not have a Partner Restaurant. Operating hours will vary depending on local trading conditions and the availability of our Partner Restaurants. Please click on the relevant link to view the menus on our Service, and then click on your chosen menu which will provide you with the option to submit your order to your chosen Partner Restaurant.
When you place an order through our Service, an email thanking you for your order and confirming your order has been received and accepted by the Partner Restaurant (the "Confirmation Email") will be sent to you by us on behalf of the Partner Restaurant. The contract for the supply of any Meal you order through us will be between you and the Partner Restaurant and will only be formed when you have been sent the Confirmation Email by us. Please ensure that you have given us a correct email address as this is how we will communicate with you about your Order. Please also ensure that you provide an accurate address and telephone number to ensure that your Meals arrive to the correct location. If you do not open the door or respond to telephonic correspondence within 10 minutes of our delivery drivers physically reaching your address, we reserve the right to leave the premises, and you will be charged for the Meal. Deliveroo seeks to provide a quality service and will be the first contact in event in there is a problem with your Meal either in regards to food quality and/or temperature. We do monitor our Partner Restaurants very closely and it is of utmost importance to us that they comply with our standards and help us to maintain our reputation. Please let us know if you have any comments relating to our Partner Restaurants or in respect of the Meals by emailing or calling us.
All Meals are subject to availability. Your Partner Restaurant may offer an alternative for any Meal it cannot provide you with. Our Partner Restaurants may use nuts in the preparation of certain Meals. Please call our Partner Restaurant prior to ordering if you have an allergy. Deliveroo cannot guarantee that any of the Meals sold by our Partner Restaurants are free of allergens.
6. SALE OF ALCOHOL
Persons placing an order for alcohol from our Partner Restaurants must be aged 18 or over. Alcoholic beverages can only be sold and delivered to persons aged 18 or over. Deliveroo operates the Challenge 25 age verification policy whereby customers who are lucky enough not to look 25 or over, will be asked to provide proof of age to show that they are aged 18 or over. By placing an order that includes alcohol, you confirm that you are at least 18 years old. Deliveroo reserves the right to refuse to deliver any alcohol to any person who does not appear, or cannot prove they are, aged 18 or over. Deliveroo also reserves the right to refuse to deliver any alcohol to any person who is, or appears to be, under the influence of either alcohol or drugs.
7. AVAILABILITY AND DELIVERY
Our aim is to provide the best delivery service possible. Unfortunately things do not always go to plan and factors, such as traffic conditions and weather, may occasionally prevent us from achieving our targets in this regard. We will do our best to ensure that your Meal is delivered by the time specified in the email and webpage. The timing of your order is determined by taking into account the number of orders and the circumstances being faced by the Partner Restaurant at that time.
You have the right to cancel an order within a reasonable time and before the order becomes a Started Order. A Partner Restaurant will classify a bad order as any order which is cancelled after food has been used to start preparing the order (a "Started Order"). Customers can cancel an order by contacting the Partner Restaurant. Deliveroo and the Partner Restaurant may cancel any order and will tell you once we cancel an order. You will not be charged for any orders cancelled in accordance with this clause. Any payment made prior to an order being cancelled by Deliveroo or a Partner Restaurant will usually be reimbursed using the same method you used to pay for your order. Any order cancelled after it becomes a Started Order will be charged to you. Deliveroo alone will determine whether an order is a Started Order or not.
9. PRICE AND PAYMENT
The price of any Meals will be listed on our Service. Prices include VAT. Prices will vary between menus. Prices are liable to change at any time, but changes will not affect orders in respect of which you have been presented with the Confirmation Email, save in the case of an obvious pricing mistake, whereby we will notify you as soon as we can about the pricing issue. You may be able to cancel your order once we notify you. Despite our best efforts, some of the Meals listed on our Service may be incorrectly priced. The relevant Partner Restaurant will normally verify prices as part of the order process. Payment for all Meals can be made by credit or debit card through our Service. Once your order has been confirmed your credit or debit card will have been authorised and the amount marked for payment. Payment is made directly to Deliveroo and is subsequently passed on by Deliveroo to the Partner Restaurant. We are authorised by our Partner Restaurants to accept payment on their behalf and payment of the price of any Meals to us will discharge your obligations to pay such price to the Partner Restaurant. When we make a delivery, we may at our sole discretion charge you a payment processing fee ("Delivery Fee") which will be notified to you before you complete your order.
10. OUR LIABILITY
To the extent permitted by law, Deliveroo provides our Service and content on an "as-is" and "as available" basis and we make no representation or warranty of any kind, express or implied, regarding the content or availability of our Service, or that it will be timely or error-free or that defects will be corrected. Subject as provided below, neither Deliveroo nor any Partner Restaurant shall have have any liability to you for any direct, indirect, special or consequential losses or damages arising in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise arising from your use of or your inability to use our Service. In the event that Deliveroo or the Partner Restaurant is found to be liable to you our total aggregate liability is limited to the purchase price of the Meals you have paid for in your order. This does not include or limit in any way Deliveroo's or any Partner Restaurant's liability for any matter for which it would be illegal for us or it to exclude, or attempt to exclude, our or its liability, including liability for death or personal injury caused by negligence or for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
11. EVENTS OUTSIDE OUR CONTROL
No party shall be liable to the other for any delay or non-performance of its obligations under this Agreement arising from any cause beyond its control including, without limitation, any of the following: act of God, governmental act, war, fire, flood, explosion or civil commotion. For the avoidance of doubt, nothing in clause 11 shall excuse the Customer from any payment obligations under this Agreement.
Neither you, Deliveroo nor the Partner Restaurant shall be responsible to the others for any delay or non-performance of its obligations under this agreement arising from any cause beyond its control including, without limitation, any of the following: act of God, governmental act, war, fire, flood, explosion or civil commotion.
If any provision of this agreement is judged to be illegal or unenforceable, the continuation in full force and effect of the remainder of the provisions shall not be prejudiced.
14. ENTIRE AGREEMENT
These terms contain the whole agreement between the parties relating to its subject matter and supersede all prior agreements, arrangements and understandings between the parties relating to that subject matter.
15. OUR RIGHT TO VARY THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
16. LAW AND JURISDICTION
1. INFORMATION ABOUT US
deliveroo.co.uk is a website operated by Roofoods Limited ("we", "us" or "Deliveroo"), incorporated and registered in the England and Wales, whose registered office is at 1 Cousin Lane, London, EC4R 3TE, United Kingdom. Our Company registration number is 08167130. Our VAT number is 150 0190 65. Deliveroo is a business where the food is prepared by independent restaurants (our "Partner Restaurants") and delivered by us.
2. ACCESSING OUR SERVICE OR OUR SERVICES
Access to our Site and to our Service is permitted on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend access to our Site or our Service without notice (see below). We will not be liable if, for any reason, our Site or our Service is unavailable at any time or for any period. From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts our Site or our Service, or our entire Site or Service to users who have registered with us. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentially of your login details and any activities that occur under your account. If you have any concerns about your login details or think they have been misused, you should contact firstname.lastname@example.org straight away to let us know. We can deactivate your account at any time.
3. ACCEPTABLE USE
You may use our Service only for lawful purposes. You may not use our Site or our Service in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation or to send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards in clause 5 below. You also agree not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt any part of our Site or our Service or any network or equipment used in the provision of our Service.
4. INTERACTIVE FEATURES OF OUR SITE
5. CONTENT STANDARDS
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our Service (the "Contributions"), and to any interactive services associated with it. You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any Contributions as well as to its whole. Contributions must be accurate (where they state facts), be genuinely held (where they state opinions) and comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted. Contributions must not:
- contain any material which is defamatory of any person, obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory, promote sexually explicit material or promote violence or promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- infringe any copyright, database right or trademark of any other person;
- be likely to deceive any person or be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence or promote any illegal activity;
- be threatening, abuse or invade another's privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person;
- be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person or give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case; or
- advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
6. SUSPENSION AND TERMINATION
- immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our Service;
- immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to our Service;
- issuing of a warning to you;
- legal action against you including proceedings for reimbursement of all costs on an (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach;
- disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
The responses described in this clause are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
7. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
We are the owner of or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our Site and our Service, and in the material published on it (excluding your Contributions). Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved. You may not copy, reproduce, republish, download, post, broadcast, transmit, make available to the public, or otherwise use any content on our site in any way except for your own personal, non-commercial use.
8. RELIANCE ON INFORMATION POSTED
Commentary and other materials posted on our Service are not intended to amount to advice on which reliance should be placed. We therefore disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by any visitor to our Service, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
9. OUR SITE AND OUR SERVICE CHANGE REGULARLY
We aim to update our Site and our Service regularly, and may change the content at any time. If the need arises, we may suspend access to our Site and our Service, or close them indefinitely. Any of the material on our Site or our Service may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
10. OUR LIABILITY
We have taken every care in the preparation of our Site and our Service. However, we will not be responsible for any errors or omissions in relation to such content or for any technical problems you may experience with our Site or our Service. If we are informed of any inaccuracies on our Site or in our Service we will attempt to correct this as soon as we reasonably can. To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all liability (whether arising in contract, in negligence or otherwise) for loss or damage which you or any third party may incur in connection with our Site, our Service, and any website linked to our Site and any materials posted on it. This does not affect our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, or our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter, or any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
11. INFORMATION ABOUT YOU AND YOUR VISITS TO OUR SITE AND USE OF OUR SERVICE
12. UPLOADING MATERIAL TO OUR SITE AND OUR SERVICE
Any material you upload to our Service or data that we collect as set out above (section 11) will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary, and you acknowledge and agree that we have the right to use, copy, distribute, sell and disclose to third parties any such material or data for any purpose related to our business. To the extent that such material is protected by intellectual property rights, you grant us a perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free licence to use, copy, modify, distribute, sell and disclose to third parties any such material or data for any purpose related to our business.
13. LINKS FROM OUR SITE
Where our Site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
14. JURISDICTION AND APPLICABLE LAW
16. YOUR CONCERNS
If you have any concerns about material which appears on our Service, please contact email@example.com
Voucher Terms & Conditions
- All discounts, vouchers or codes only apply to first orders for new customers of Deliveroo unless otherwise stated.
- New customers are only permitted to use one discount voucher or code when placing their first order only. Subsequent orders will then not be eligible for any new customer discounts, vouchers or codes.
- A new customer is defined as someone who registers, makes a meal selection and enters the discount or voucher code specified on the advert, coupon or leaflet, at checkout during their order procedure.
- A minimum spend is applicable in order to validate and use any discount, voucher or code.
- Unless otherwise stated, all discounts, vouchers or codes must be redeemed within one calendar month.
- Only one discount, voucher or code can be redeemed per order and each discount, voucher or code can only be used once per person.
- All promotional validity dates are specified on the adverts, coupons or leaflets, please refer to the summary terms on these pieces of artwork for exact and further information specific to that promotion and its promotional period.
- Alcohol will only be supplied to those aged 18+.
- Any discounts, vouchers or codes cannot be used in conjunction with any other Deliveroo offer.
- Discounts, vouchers or codes cannot be exchanged for cash or any other alternatives and have no monetary value.
- Cancelled orders will invalidate the use of that code on an account. If this is a new customer discount or code, new customers will then not be eligible for any subsequent new customer discounts, vouchers or codes
- All discounts, vouchers and codes can only be used on one order, any remaining credit from that discount, voucher or code cannot be carried forward to any additional or subsequent orders.
- Discounts, vouchers or codes may be provided on a customer service basis and will be applied to the customer’s account in the form of credit which has to be used in one order.
- Any attempt to manipulate the system and use of discounts, vouchers or codes by use of bulk entry via third parties or syndicates, macros, ‘script’, ‘brute force’, masking identity by manipulating IP addresses, using identities other than their own or any other automated means (including systems which can be programmed to enter), will render the order and use of that discount, voucher or code invalid and may potentially lead to that account being closed down.
- If for any reason a discount, voucher or code becomes invalid due to technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Deliveroo, or a meal or restaurant becomes unavailable, Deliveroo reserves the right (subject to any written directions given under applicable law) to cancel, suspend or modify the campaign that is related to that discount, voucher or code and not re-issue any additional discounts, vouchers or codes to affected customers.
- Deliveroo reserves the right, where necessary, to undertake all such action as is reasonable to protect itself against fraudulent or invalid redemptions including, without limitation, to require further verification as to the identity, age, and other relevant details of a customer.
- By redeeming the discount, voucher or code, customers agree to release Deliveroo from any liability whatsoever for any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the campaign or with the acceptance or possession of any order (except death or personal injury caused by the Promoter’s negligence, for fraud, or otherwise as prohibited by law).
- All meals and restaurants are subject to availability.
- Normal registration and Deliveroo delivery terms and conditions apply – please see these on this page for more information.
Deliveroo Corporate Gift Card Terms and Conditions
1. How do I redeem my Gift Card?
Deliveroo gift cards ("Gift Cards") may only be redeemed toward the purchase of Meals from our Service. To redeem the credit loaded on your Gift Card, enter the unique promo code on the Gift Card at the checkout when you order your next Meal and your Deliveroo account will be credited with the amount loaded on your Gift Card(“Credit”).
You may use your Credit to order multiple Meals from our Service (i.e. your Credit is not limited to one order). If a purchase of any Meal exceeds your Credit, the remaining amount of your order must be paid with another Payment Method. If a purchase of any Meal is less than your Credit, the balance of your Credit will remain loaded to your account for future purchases. To view your Credit balance, visit your Deliveroo account.
No fees apply to Gift Cards.
2. When does my Gift Card expire?
- Gift Card Expiry Date
You must redeem your Gift Card on or prior to the date of expiration date stated on the gift cardor e-voucher (as applicable). If there is no expiry date specified on the Gift Card, Gift Cards will expire on the date that is 12 months after the date the Gift Card was purchased(“Gift Card Expiry Date”). Any Creditnot redeemed by the Gift Card Expiry Date will expire and you will be unable to use that Credit to purchase Meals from our Service or load that Credit to your Deliveroo account.
- DeliverooCredit Expiry Date
Once you have redeemed your Gift Card, you must use any Credit within 30 days of loading such amount(“Credit Expiry Date”), whether or not that 30 day period expires before or after the Gift Card Expiry Date. Any Credit not used by the Credit Expiry Date will be deducted from your Deliveroo account. To be clear, once the Gift Card has been redeemedand the Credit loaded to your Deliveroo account, the Credit Expiry Date will apply to that Credit (and not the Gift Card Expiry Date).
3. What I can’t use my Gift Card for
Gift Cards cannot be used to purchase other Deliveroo Gift Cards. Gift Cards cannot be reloaded, resold, transferred for value or redeemed for cash, except to the extent required by law. Unused Credit loaded to a Deliverooaccount may not be transferred to another Deliveroo account.
4. What happens if my Gift Card is lost, stolen or destroyed?
Gift Cards should be treated as cash.They cannot be replaced if lost, stolenor damaged. The risk of loss and title for Gift Cardspasses to the purchaser upon delivery of the Gift Cards to the purchaser.Deliveroo is not responsible if any Gift Card is lost, stolen, destroyed or used without your permission.
5. Having problems activating your Gift Card?
If you are having issues activating your Gift Card, contact the Customer Support Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Can I purchase Gift Cards?
If you are a corporate client, you are eligible to place an order for the purchase of Deliveroo Gift Cards (“Order”). Following the placement of your Order, Deliveroo will issue to you an invoice for your Order. Payment for your Order must be made via bank transfer within 14 days of receipt of the invoice for your Order. Deliveroo is under no obligation to issue to you any Gift Cards until full payment for your Order has been received by Deliveroo. Contact email@example.com for further details.
Deliveroo has the right to close customer accounts and take payment from alternative forms of payment if a fraudulently obtained Gift Card is redeemed and/or used to make purchases on our Service.
8. Limitation of Liability
WE MAKE NO WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO GIFT CARDS, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IN THE EVENT A GIFT CARD IS NON-FUNCTIONAL, YOUR SOLE REMEDY, AND OUR SOLE LIABILITY, WILL BE THE REPLACEMENT OF SUCH GIFT CARD. IF APPLICABLE LAW DOES NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN DAMAGES, SOME OR ALL THE ABOVE DISCLAIMERS, EXCLUSIONS, OR LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, AND YOU MAY HAVE ADDITIONAL RIGHTS.
Gift Cards are issued by Roofoods Ltd, an English entity. When you purchase, receive or redeem a Gift Card, you agree that the laws of England and Wales will govern these Gift Card terms and conditions. We reserve the right to change these terms and conditions from time to time in our discretion. Notices of changes to these terms and conditions will be made available on the Deliveroo website. All terms and conditions are applicable to the extent permitted by law.
Deliveroo has a privacypolicy (available on the Deliveroo website), which applies to the extent we may collect or handle any personal information in connection with the Gift Cards.
Deliveroo Plus Terms and Conditions
These T&Cs apply to you if you subscribe to have a Deliveroo Plus account. These do not replace the Terms and Conditions of Service for your Deliveroo account, which will continue to apply extent to the extent these T&C vary them.
We know these T&Cs are quite long to read! You can find a summary in the Deliveroo Plus Customers FAQ sheet (“Customer FAQ”) – https://deliveroo.co.uk/faq#deliverooplus
The Customer FAQ should not be used as a substitute for reading the Deliveroo Plus Terms and Conditions.
1. Deliveroo Plus
What is it? Deliveroo Plus, is a customer loyalty programme (“Deliveroo Plus”) that entitles users to subscribe (on a monthly basis) to receive unlimited free delivery on orders through our Service.
Benefits: Subscribers to Deliveroo Plus will receive unlimited free delivery on all orders placed through our Service in Participating Cities (as described in section 2 (“Eligible Users”) below) throughout the United Kingdom. Deliveroo Plus may notify Eligible Users of other benefits at its discretion (for example, restaurant offers).
2. Eligible Users
To qualify as an Eligible User for a Deliveroo Plus subscription, you must meet the following criteria both at the time you sign up for a Deliveroo Plus account and at all times during your Deliveroo Plus subscription:
be 18 years of age or over;
be located in a city within the United Kingdom that has been notified to you via the Service, or on the Deliveroo website as operating Deliveroo Plus (“Participating City”);
sign up to Deliveroo Plus on your personal account (if you are a Deliveroo for Business customer you will not be eligible to use your Deliveroo Plus benefits when you are using your company allowance to pay for an order.);
agree to limit your Deliveroo account to only one user and not share your Deliveroo account details with any third party at any time during your Deliveroo Plus subscription; and
have a valid credit or debit card that is not already used to pay for a different Deliveroo Plus account saved on your profile through our Service (see Section 6 of these terms “Payment Method” for more details).
If you do not meet these criteria, you will not be eligible for a Deliveroo Plus subscription. You will be deemed to be in violation of the terms set out in this paragraph if, at any time during your Deliveroo Plus subscription, you do not comply with any of the above criteria. If Deliveroo becomes aware that you are in violation of the terms set out in this paragraph, Deliveroo may (in its sole discretion) immediately suspend or terminate your Deliveroo Plus subscription (along with any other steps Deliveroo is entitled to take in accordance with the Terms and Conditions of Service for your Deliveroo account).
If it has been determined by Deliveroo that you do not comply with the above criteria, but you believe that you do, you should contact the Customer Services Team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. To Sign Up
Eligible Users can sign up for Deliveroo Plus through our Service by:
either logging online under the “My Account” section of your profile, from your order basket or after you have placed an order through our Service, where you will see the promotion prompt “Get it Free” next to the delivery fee;
tapping the promotion prompt to receive details (including pricing details) about Deliveroo Plus; and
following the link from the Deliveroo Plus landing page.
4. Deliveroo Plus Fees
Eligible Users can subscribe to Deliveroo Plus for an upfront fee of £7.99 per calendar month (“Deliveroo Plus Fee”).
If you have been offered a trial period, you will not be charged the applicable Deliveroo Plus Fee for the first calendar month from the date you initially sign-up (“Free Trial Period”). Your Deliveroo Plus Fee will be charged in accordance with the terms and conditions set out in “Payment and Billing” section below.
Each Eligible User will only be entitled to one Free Trial Period. If you cancel your Deliveroo Plus subscription at any time in the future, any future subscription to Deliveroo Plus that uses the same Deliveroo account, phone number, or credit card associated with your first Deliveroo Plus subscription will not be entitled to receive an additional Free Trial Period.
You acknowledge and agree that Deliveroo may vary the Deliveroo Plus Fee and/or vary or abolish the Free Trial Period. Any increase to your Deliveroo Plus Fee or any change to the Free Trial Period will be notified to you by e-mail or other notice (such as when you log into your Deliveroo account).
5. Deliveroo Plus Subscription Period
Your Deliveroo Plus subscription period ('Deliveroo Plus Subscription Period') is one calendar month in length and will automatically renew each calendar month until your Deliveroo Plus membership is cancelled (by you) or terminated (by us) in accordance with these terms and conditions. For example, if your Start Date is 28 February, your subscription will automatically renew on 28 March (each being a “Deliveroo Plus Subscription Period”).
Your first Deliveroo Plus Subscription Period will start on the date on which your Free Trial Period expires (“Start Date”).
6. Payment and Billing
Payment for Deliveroo Plus must be made by a credit or debit card saved on your profile through our Service (“Payment Method”).
If you have multiple Payment Methods on your profile, when you sign up, you will be notified as to which Payment Method will be charged with the applicable Deliveroo Plus Fee.
You may edit / change your Payment Method by logging into either the Deliveroo Website or App and selecting “My Account” and then “Deliveroo Plus”. You cannot delete a Payment Method associated with your Deliveroo Plus account, unless you replace it with another Payment Method. To do this, you must first add a new Payment Method to your Deliveroo account and then replace the existing Payment Method associated with your Deliveroo Plus account with the new Payment Method. Alternatively, you can cancel your Deliveroo Plus subscription and following such cancellation you will be able to delete your Payment Method. If you added the Payment Method to your account when you signed up to Deliveroo, it will be automatically removed when you cancel.
If payment of the applicable Deliveroo Plus Fee is not successfully settled, due to expiration of your Payment Method, insufficient funds or otherwise, and you do not edit the Payment Method information within 24 hours of being notified of a failed payment, or you cancel your account in accordance with these terms and conditions, Deliveroo will cancel your Deliveroo Plus subscription effective immediately and you will no longer receive the Deliveroo Plus service. You will remain responsible for any uncollected amounts.
If we cannot charge you, we reserve the right, but are not obligated, to terminate your access to our Service or any portion of it.
Recurring Billing: By starting Deliveroo Plus, you authorise us to charge you for a recurring monthly (subject to the Cooling-Off Period set out below) Deliveroo Plus Fee (as applicable) at the current applicable rate, provided that you will not be charged any amounts for the provision of the Deliveroo Plus service during the Free Trial Period. You acknowledge that any Deliveroo Plus Fee billed to you may vary for reasons that may include differing amounts due to promotional offers and you authorise us to charge your Payment Method for varying amounts.
Billing Cycle: The billing cycle for Deliveroo Plus will be as follows and you will not be entitled to change the dates of payments of your Deliveroo Plus Fee:
Billing of Your First Deliveroo Plus Fee: Your first Deliveroo Plus Fee will relate to the applicable succeeding Deliveroo Plus Subscription Period that follows the expiry of your Free Trial Period and such fee will be billed and charged to your Payment Method during the same time as the expiry of the Free Trial Period. For example, if your Free Trial Period for Deliveroo Plus ends at 2pm on 14 February, your Payment Method will be charged with £7.99 at or within 24 hours of 2pm on 14 February for the next subscription period of 14 February to 14 March.
Subsequent Billing Cycles: Until cancellation or termination, your Deliveroo Plus membership will automatically renew each calendar month and you will automatically be billed the applicable Deliveroo Plus Fee for the applicable subsequent Deliveroo Plus Subscription Period. Such fee will be billed and charged to your Payment Method at the time after your Deliveroo Plus Subscription Period expires. For example, if your preceding Deliveroo Plus Subscription Period for Deliveroo Plus ends at 2pm on 14 February, your membership will automatically renew on 14 February and your Payment Method will be charged with £7.99 at or within 24 hours of 2pm on 14 February for the next subscription period of 14 February to 14 March.
Refunds: Deliveroo Plus Fees are non-refundable, except in the following exceptional circumstances:
if you cancel your Deliveroo Plus subscription in accordance with the provisions in Section 8 (“Cancellation”) below and we subsequently take payment of that fee from your Payment Method;
If you cancel your Deliveroo Plus membership within the Cooling-Off Period; or
if your Deliveroo Plus membership is cancelled prior to the end of a Deliveroo Plus Subscription Period for which you have incurred a charge, due to your relocation to a country outside of the United Kingdom, disability or death.
Any additional discounts or refunds that we may choose to provide are in our sole discretion and do not entitle you in any future discounts or refunds in the future for similar instances.
Price Changes: We reserve the right to adjust pricing of your Deliveroo Plus membership at any time. Any price changes to your Deliveroo Plus membership will take effect on your next Deliveroo Plus Subscription Period upon reasonable prior written notice given from us to you and communicated through a posting on our Service or such other means as we may deem appropriate from time to time, such as email.
7. Managing your Deliveroo Plus Account
All information relating to your Deliveroo Plus membership will be contained in the “My Account” section of your profile under “Deliveroo Plus”. From here, you will be able to view the remaining time on your Free Trial Period, cancel your Deliveroo Plus membership and update your Payment Method.
Cancellation of Deliveroo Plus: You may terminate your Deliveroo Plus subscription at any time. Following cancellation, you will continue to receive the Deliveroo Plus service for the duration of your current Deliveroo Plus Subscription Period. If you cancel a free trial, or you cancel within your “Cooling-Off Period”, the Plus benefits will cease immediately.
Cooling Off Period: You have a right to cancel a Deliveroo Plus membership at any time during the Free Trial Period or (if the Free Trial Period is no longer available) within 14 days of your initial sign-up without giving any reason (“Cooling-Off Period”). The Cooling-Off Period will expire either after 14 days from the day of your initial sign up date (where the Free Trial Period is no longer available) or at the expiry of the Free Trial Period (as applicable) (“Cancellation Expiry Date”).
Exercising Your Right to Cancel:
To exercise the right to cancel under this provision, you must inform our Customer Support Team by email (at email@example.com) of your decision to cancel your Deliveroo Plus membership by clear statement.
If you cancel your Deliveroo Plus membership during the Cooling-Off Period, we will reimburse to you a refund for the most recent full month.
If a reimbursement is due and payable to you, we will make the reimbursement without undue delay, and not later than 14 days after the day on which we are informed about your decision to cancel this contract.
We will make the reimbursement using the same means of payment as you used for the initial transaction, unless you have expressly agreed otherwise, in any event, you will not incur any fees as a result of the reimbursement.
Accidental Cancellation: If you accidentally cancel your Deliveroo Plus membership and wish to continue with it, you can sign up again at the end of your then-current Deliveroo Plus Subscription Period.
9. Termination or Modification
You agree that Deliveroo, in its sole discretion, may terminate, deactivate and/or suspend any account (or part thereof) you may have with us or use of the Service and remove and discard all or part of your account and/or discontinue, modify or alter any aspect, feature or policy of the Service or Deliveroo Plus.
10. Free / Limited Time Trial Offers
- Trial Offer Availability: From time to time, we may offer a no payment, fixed period, trial of our Deliveroo Plus membership. Terms and conditions shall apply for each trial offer. At the end of the trial period, you shall be required to pay the Deliveroo Plus Fees. If you do not want to automatically pay the Deliveroo Plus Fee you must cancel your subscription. You can cancel the trial offer at any time before the expiry of the trial period by logging into your account or by contacting Customer Services.
- Accidental Cancellation: A trial offer may only be used once. Please note that if you accidentally cancel your free trial offer before it is due to expire during the relevant trial period you will be deemed to have completed the free trial offer and you shall not be eligible to participate in another free trial. We reserve the right, in our absolute discretion, to withdraw or to modify our free trial offer at any time without prior notice and without liability, to the greatest extent permitted under law.
Deliveroo Plus Restaurant Offer Terms & Conditions
These Terms and Conditions apply to any restaurant voucher codes provided in connection with a restaurant offer, which may be made available to Deliveroo account holders with a Deliveroo Plus Subscription from time to time (Restaurant Offers).
The offer amount, participating restaurant(s), and any other specific terms (for example, any minimum spend requirements, or specific menu items to which the offer relates) will be specified at the time any Restaurant Offer is communicated to the customer.
Restaurant Offers will be communicated via email and must be redeemed on the customer’s Deliveroo account by clicking “Add a Promo Code” on the account profile page within 30 days of the date the email was sent to the customer by Deliveroo. A voucher will expire 7 days after it has been redeemed.
If a customer cancels their Deliveroo Plus subscription during the Free Trial period, the Restaurant Offer will expire immediately. If a customer cancels their Deliveroo Plus subscription during the paid period, the Restaurant Offer will expire at the end of the last day of the customer’s Deliveroo Plus Subscription Period (see the Deliveroo Plus Terms and Conditions for further detail).
A Restaurant Offer can only be redeemed once by a Deliveroo Plus account holder during any offer validity period, and can not be used in conjunction with any other offer or voucher.
A Restaurant Offer can only be redeemed if the relevant order is made from a postcode that includes the participating restaurant(s).
Alcohol will only be supplied to those aged 18+.
Restaurant Offers cannot be exchanged for cash or any other alternatives and have no monetary value.
Cancelled orders will invalidate the use of the Restaurant Offer.
If an order which has been paid for using a Restaurant Offer is rejected by Deliveroo, the Restaurant Offer will be automatically re-applied to the account and can be spent on another order.
A Restaurant Offer can only be used on one order. Any remaining credit from a Restaurant Offer cannot be carried forward to any additional or subsequent orders.
Any attempt to manipulate the system and use of Restaurant Offers by use of bulk entry via third parties or syndicates, macros, ‘script’, ‘brute force’, masking identity by manipulating IP addresses, using identities other than their own or any other automated means (including systems which can be programmed to enter), will render the order and use of that Restaurant Offers invalid and may potentially lead to that account being closed down.
If for any reason a Restaurant Offer becomes invalid due to technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Deliveroo, or a meal or restaurant becomes unavailable, Deliveroo reserves the right (subject to any written directions given under applicable law) to cancel, suspend or modify the campaign that is related to that Restaurant Voucher and not re-issue any additional Restaurant Offer to affected customers.
Deliveroo reserves the right, where necessary, to undertake all such action as is reasonable to protect itself against fraudulent or invalid redemptions including, without limitation, to require further verification as to the identity, age, and other relevant details of a customer.
By redeeming the Restaurant Offer, customers agree to release Deliveroo from any liability whatsoever for any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the campaign or with the acceptance or possession of any order (except death or personal injury caused by Deliveroo’s negligence, for fraud, or otherwise as prohibited by law).
All meals and restaurants are subject to availability.
All other registration and Deliveroo delivery terms and conditions, and the Deliveroo Plus Terms and Conditions apply – please see these on this page for more information.
Terms and Conditions
- Eligibility: This Promotion is open to selected Deliveroo users ('you/user') aged 18 or over who have completed at least 1 Deliveroo orders.
- To take part: Simply share your unique link with a friend or relative (aged 18 or over) who you think would benefit from the Deliveroo service (referral). For every person that you have referred, who then goes on to place a Deliveroo order using that unique link, you will receive an amount in Deliveroo credits as stated in the promotional materials. The friend or relative must not live at the same address as you.
- Promotion Period: You will be able to submit referrals from April 2016 and the promotion will continue until revoked by us.
- Deliveroo credits are subject to the usual order conditions and the above Voucher Terms and Conditions. A minimum total spend of £12.50 is applicable and credits must be redeemed within three calendar months. There will be a processing time of up to seven days after the date of a successful referral before credits will be applied to your account. Credits have no cash value and are non-transferable.
- There is a maximum of 50 of names that you can recommend, subject to the above criteria. We reserve the right to change the maximum number of referrals at any time.
- Any attempt to manipulate the system and use of credits by use of bulk entry via third parties or syndicates, macros, 'script', 'brute force', masking identity by manipulating IP addresses, using identities other than their own or any other automated means (including systems which can be programmed to enter), will render the credits invalid and may potentially lead to that account being closed down.
- If for any reason a credit becomes invalid due to technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Deliveroo, or a menu item or restaurant becomes unavailable, Deliveroo reserves the right (subject to any written directions given under applicable law) to cancel, suspend or modify the Promotion and not re-issue any additional credits affected customers.
- Deliveroo reserves the right, where necessary, to undertake all such action as is reasonable to protect itself against fraudulent or invalid redemptions including, without limitation, to require further verification as to the identity, age, and other relevant details of a customer.
- By redeeming the credits, customers agree to release Deliveroo from any liability whatsoever for any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Promotion or with the acceptance or possession of any purchase of menu items and / or delivery charges (except death or personal injury caused by the Promoter’s negligence, for fraud, or otherwise as prohibited by law).
- All menu items and restaurants are subject to availability.
- Deliveroo delivery terms and conditions apply – please see: https://deliveroo.co.uk/legal.
- No responsibility is accepted for referrals that are lost, corrupted or delayed or as a result of any network, computer hardware or software failure of any kind. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
- Unique codes should only be used for personal and non-commercial purposes. This means that you can share your invite link with your personal connections via social media where you are the primary content owner. Public distribution on sites where you are a contributor but not the primary content owner (e.g., Wikipedia, coupon websites) is not allowed. Promoting your referral code via Search Engine Marketing (e.g., AdWords/Yahoo/Bing) is also not allowed.
- By taking part in this promotion you will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by these terms and conditions.
- This promotion will be governed by the laws of England and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- The Promoter: Roofoods Limited, 1 Cousin Lane, London, EC4R 3TE, United Kingdom